Economic Analysis for Business is a knowledge-based profile of the economy and economic institutions. Given the current level of unemployment in Kosovo, the circumstances of economic development and stagnation, foreign investments, diaspora remittances, the negative balance of trade due to small exports, the problems of companies to recognize, analyze the business environment and plan businesses make this profile of particular importance and distinct from what other higher education institutions in Kosovo offer.
In addition to specific training, this profile also develops cognitive and transferable skills. Both types of skills are developed within this profile as well as abstract thinking, critical analysis, synthesis, summaries and assessments, as well as planning and managing the lesson; research capabilities, task solutions, interactive communication and presentation, group work and psycho-motor skills (such as IT skills).
After graduation, students will be able to:
- Analyze economic performance and economic indicators, assess how markets work, how economic resources are allocated, and how they can fail to function properly
- Understand specific developmental problems of Kosovo, its resources and potentials and its economic relations with other countries
- Analyze the local and global economic environment
- Analyze social phenomena in the context of their relationship with economic outcomes
- Use accurate graphical and statistical analysis in order to demonstrate the effects of significant change in economic results
- Understanding the technique and the performance of research in economics and business which can lead to research projects
- Identify and critically evaluate ethical issues in businesses and the business legal environment in order to understand and judge the implications for the development of businesses, the community and the country in general.